J. Conlon and Sons

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

My Quilt Design Process 2


Found the quilt picture that was inspiring me on my 'husband quilt' project! It's by Amanda Jean and you can see the picture of it at her blog, Crazy Mom Quilts.

It's an Irish Chain pattern but with lots of colors. I plan on doing mine with solid colors for the plain square blocks. For the patchwork blocks, I'll do nine patches, four patches and some triangle patterns. And these will be in stripes and plaids.

Her quilt inspired me because of it's bold colors and variation of the Irish Chain theme. The Irish Chain is usually seen with the same solid block and nine patch block over and over again.

Funny that Amanda Jean found her inspiration from Kirsten at KirstenCan blog!

(I like blog posts with pictures! But I didn't want to put up a picture of the quilt without the creator's permission. So you get a picture of our youngest cat, Izzy, instead.)

PART 6 - First Block
PART 5 - Quilt Math
PART 4 - Give Opinions
PART 3 - Fabric
PART 2 - Inspiration
PART 1 - Palette

No comments: