J. Conlon and Sons

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Holiday Gifts

In the scramble to get everything done in time for Christmas, I didn't take as many pictures of my projects as I would have liked. But here are a couple in-process pictures and one finished gift.

Woodland Elf Hat from Bend the Rules Sewing by Amy Karol. Made for my 3-year-old niece along with a purple fairy skirt. The yo-yo I used on the flower is the same fabric as the waist band of the skirt. The hat was very easy to make and the flower is super cute.

For my nephew and brother-in-law (who are BOTH six!) I made the Eddie Cap from the tutorial by Irene at Mushroom Villagers and a matching scarf. They came out really great. I am so sad I didn't get any pictures of these.

A note about the Eddie Caps: I made mine out of a dark gray corduroy and added a striped flannel lining to the top part. Also, I shortened the bill about an inch so it didn't hang over their faces as much. In seeing it on the boys, I think the extra inch would have been too much so I'm glad I decided to edit the pattern.

Stepping Stones Quilt for my mother-in-law. I really liked how it came out and wish I had taken a picture of the completed quilt. I didn't worry about lining up all the stripes in the striped pink fabric. It ended up looking homey that way but your eye still followed the stripes up and down the quilt.

Irish Chain Quilt for my grand-mother-in-law. The quilt is all quilted in this picture, I just needed to trim and bind. I used the dark green for the binding.



I'm not a New Year's Resolution kinda gal but I think I'll make one to be sure I take pictures of completed projects this year!

No comments: