J. Conlon and Sons

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Crafty Space

I love poking around on Flicker. Some of my latest searches have been: : "cross stitch", "denyse schmidt", and "craft spaces". (I'm pretty boring if you can't tell.) The latter search is because I have been dreaming of what my new work space will look like once we buy our new house. In order to SELL our current home, I have had to keep my half of the spare bedroom pretty neat:

See image with notes here.

(I cleared off my 'inspiration board' right before the photo. Need to fill that up again!)

I use the dresser on the left for patterns, notions and fabric. WIPs are in another dresser on the right (not in photo).


I kinda like it this way though. All tidy. I get so annoyed when I have to move things a thousand times just to get a project done or it's my psychosis where I can't relax if things are out of sorts (more likely).

Does clutter induce creativity as is discussed in this New York Times article? Could I be more creative if I just let it all hang out? (I think my brain may be cluttered enough.)

And, boy oh boy, do I have big plans for that new work space! Fabric will be out of the drawers and onto shelves. Hopefully I won't go into fits if it isn't all lined up.

2 comments:

bettyninja said...

You are now so good and organized. I hate having to move things to work on projects, which is what I have to do now. Basting a queen sized quilt in a tiny apartment is not very fun.

Jared Baergen said...

Very thhoughtful blog