J. Conlon and Sons

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Dear Jane A-7


Took me a bit longer to complete Dad's Plaids (A-7) block for Dear Jane quilt. I was just feeling more like machine sewing this weekend and this is mostly hand sewn.


I wonder if the author of the Dear Jane book will write another book someday explaining the names of these blocks. Dad's Plaids? Really?

A preview of ANOTHER new project (Completely inspired by Peony Stiches new project posted over on flickr):


I have a group of labels that I use for my posts (as most bloggers do). One of them is "Completed Projects"...hahahahaaaa!

9 comments:

Anina said...

Your photos are beautiful. A hexagon quilt! I have one of those languishing somewhere...

Jessica said...

Your Jane block is beautiful. I'm looking forward to seeing your progress on the hexagons.

Dana said...

Wow!! The block is beautiful!

Unknown said...

Love the Dear Jane block and the Red and white hexagon quilt from flickr. Although, I have to say those pants you made from the "easy" simplicity pattern look oh so comfortable!

Robin said...

Your comment about completed projects made me smile. :) I also love your Dad's Plaids... and I can't help but wonder about that name too. The original block didn't even use a plaid. Maybe it's just a traditional name for the block? Anyway-- your block is lovely. And go-go hex quilt!

jacquie said...

The block is amazing. I bet you're learning lots with this project. Hexagons too...how do you do it all?

Stacy A. said...

Your block looks great. Your fabric is so pretty. I know, "dads plaids"?
In the book she talks about how the women in the first group she ever had came up with the names. A lot of the time it had to do with what was going on in their life. Some of them are scary. We should rename them for ourselves lol.
Thanks for the idea on my block. I think that will be a lot better! That hex quilt will be something else! Do you and your husband go to a lot of Sox games in the summer? Take care hun. Love Stacy

dutchcomfort said...

Hello Jen, thanks for visiting my blog! Your DJ block looks great!
I’m working on Dad’s Plaids and I’m struggling with the reverse applique. Never done before and having a hard time with the corners!

alda said...

oh, hexagons!lovely!!!
I make many, many little triangles, my "long Time Project"
alda